Michael Lipscomb, Esq.
Michael Lipscomb, Esq. is a partner at Lipscomb & Partners, PLLC, and an experienced intellectual property and commercial litigator and trial attorney.
“My clients appreciate that I am fully committed to producing the highest quality legal work product, providing exceptional service and adding value to their matters.”
- Trademark, Copyright, Patent, Trade Secret, and Non-Compete litigation
- Domain Name Disputes and Internet Law
- Trademark Prosecution, including opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Madrid Protocol and Community Trademark Applications
- Trademark, Copyright and Patent Assignments, Licenses, Consent Agreements, Co-Branding Agreements, and similar types of agreements.
- Computer Software Litigation
- IP Licensing Campaigns (primarily for brand owners and software companies)
- False Advertising Litigation
- Unfair Competition Litigation
- Close Corporation Shareholders’ Disputes
- Escrow disputes following mergers and acquisitions
- Disputes involving the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code or the UN Convention for the International Sales of Goods
- Collection of large debts due and owing
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duty
- Accounting and Legal malpractice claims
Mr. Lipscomb received his Juris Doctorate from The Cornell Law School, cum laude. At Cornell, Mr. Lipscomb earned a Certificate of Business Law and Regulation, was an editor for the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy and was a semi-finalist in Cornell’s winter moot court competition. Mr. Lipscomb graduated from Syracuse University, magna cum laude with a bachelor in Public Affairs and a minor in philosophy. As a result of Mr. Lipscomb’s scholastic achievements, he was admitted to the Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi honor fraternities.
Pembroke Pines, FL; “Aggressive Advertising Tactics: How To Stay Within The Law”; Business Expo International, The Grand Palms Hotel & Golf Resort – December 2, 2010.
Davie, FL; “Intellectual Property: How To Protect Your Company’s Greatest Asset”; Grow Your Business Seminar Program, The Signature Grand – November 11, 2010.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL; “Top 10 Legal Tips For Getting Paid In A Tough Economy”; South Florida Business Expo, Fort Lauderdale Marriott North Hotel & Convention Center – September 30, 2010.
- Represented a 150 store chain of wine and spirits stores in a bet your business trademark suit. Co-tried the case, and obtained a jury verdict of infringement for our client.
- Represented a telecommunication company in a suit with $350,000,000 at issue against a software manufacturing company. Successfully obtained summary judgment on an outcome dispositive issue prior to settling the matter favorably for our client.
- Represented a mortgage company against an approximately $3,000,000,000 in sales design/build firm in a bet your business trademark suit. Successfully settled dispute via a confidential settlement payment to our client.
- Represented a small restaurant chain against one of the nation’s largest restaurant chains in a bet your business trademark suit. Settled the dispute via a confidential settlement payment to our client.
- Represented a game manufacturer in a series of significant patent infringement suits. Obtained stipulated six figure judgments that were used as leverage to obtain subsequent verdicts.
- Represented a developer in an $11,000,000 dispute over a failed real estate development partnership in central Florida. Obtained a walk away settlement.
- Successfully negotiated with 97 condominium buyers to cancel their preconstruction contracts.
- Represented dozens of companies including franchisors, franchisees, architects, retail stores, manufacturers and distributors in routine trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret and domain name disputes.
- President of the Cornell Club of Greater Miami and the Florida Keys (2006-2007)
- Co-Founded the All Ivy Plus Club (2006)
- Graduate of Leadership Miami (2005)
- On the Advisory Board for Best Buddies International (2005-2006)
- Advising attorney for Legal Art (2005-2007)
- On the Board of the Green Room Society (2006)
- Secretary of the Cornell Club of Greater Miami and the Florida Keys (2004-2005)