David Tamaroff, Esq.
David Tamaroff, Esq. is a Partner at Lipscomb & Partners, PLLC. His clients include individuals, artists, entrepreneurs, startups, and established businesses. He has served as outside general counsel for companies involved in aviation, software development, publishing, fashion, and entertainment.
Mr. Tamaroff represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal litigation. He has extensive experience litigating intellectual property cases involving claims of copyright infringement, trademark infringement, counterfeiting, unfair competition, and patent-based legal malpractice. He also has experience litigating employment related issues, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), whistleblower retaliation, and employment discrimination.
Mr. Tamaroff received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law, magna cum laude. He received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award and Dean’s Certificate for the highest grades in Patent Law and Advanced Patent Law. He also served on the executive board of the University of Miami International and Comparative Law Review.
Mr. Tamaroff received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Biophysics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, cum laude. While at Rensselaer, he was inducted to the National Biological Honor Society, Beta Beta Beta.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Mr. Tamaroff worked on cancer drug development and genetic therapeutic research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Dr. Susan Gilbert Lab at Rensselaer.
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Intellectual Property Litigation (2015 – 2018)
- Finance Monthly: Copyright – Lawyer of the Year (USA) (2017-2018)
- Put Something Back Pro Bono Service Award (2013)
- Social Bookmarking Lacks the Flava of Copyright Infringement: Analysis of Flava Works, Inc. v. Gunter, 689 F.3d 754 (7th Cir. 2012), White Paper (Sept. 12, 2012)
- Bottling the Free Flow of Information: A Comparative Analysis of U.S. and EU Database Protection, 12 Wake Forest J. of Bus. & Intell. Prop. L. 1 (2011)
- Florida Bar
- Eleventh Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Courts for the: Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Florida, Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, and District of Colorado
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Copyright Society of the USA (CSUSA)
- Dade County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association (FBA)